Ocean State Libraries Job Posting: Office Manager – Full time with benefits
Ocean State Libraries Job Posting:
Office Manager: Full time with benefits
This employee manages the financial record keeping for the organization and also performs the Human Resources functions and maintains all records. In addition, he/she provides clerical, secretarial and administrative support to the Executive and Assistant Directors.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of the payroll and tax reports and filing of same.
- Creation of product and membership fees invoices for each library.
- Design and maintenance of record keeping for member libraries as well as a master spreadsheet to track payments of outstanding invoices.
- Generation of checks and processing payments for products and services received from vendors; and follow up on any inconsistencies on at least a weekly basis.
- Make bank deposits weekly or more frequently when required.
- Reconcile bank statements, make fund transfers, and maintain petty cash account.
- Utilize accounting software applications for all appropriate or associated tasks.
- Work with the Executive Director and the Auditor on the annual OSL audit, including preparing all of the financial information and providing all of the documentation required. This will include grant expenditures statements.
- Provide assistance and maintain documentation in the completion and collection of E-Rate forms, Member Agreements, grant requests, surveys, and similar documents from each of the libraries.
- Maintain the files for the organization.
- Maintain personnel files and oversee aspects of personnel benefit administration, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Manage the TIAA-Cref and any other retirement plans.
- Prepare all mailings, faxes and/or e-mail distributions for the membership, or individuals within OSL.
- Coordinate and distribute information from outside organizations to the OSL membership.
- Assist the Technology Coordinator to manage bulk purchasing for the membership.
- Provide support as needed on any one-time grants.
- Manage the distribution of funds from E-Commerce.
- Assist in managing all aspects of the Champlin Foundations annual grants.
Assignments and tasks are often well defined but frequently the individual must take the initiative to deal appropriately with a variety of problems and administrative matters, which are often ambiguous or sensitive, that arise in the course of the job. The Office Manager is expected to work closely with the Executive Director and to exercise good judgment in addressing situations that arise within the organization. The Office Manager is responsible for the smooth functioning of the office. Successful performance demands excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a good understanding of personnel practice and comprehensive knowledge of office management. This position requires exceptional tact, judgment and discretion.
The Office Manager reports to the Executive Director.
Experience and Training:
- Degree from an accredited two (2) year college or business school preferred. High school degree required.
- Secretarial or Administrative experience required.
- Facility with Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Facility with Quickbooks or similar accounting software strongly preferred.
The salary range is: $33,970—46,634.
Please apply on line by sending résumé and directed letter of application to:
Human Resources: email@example.com
No phone calls, please.
Responses received by 5/21/12 will receive priority consideration.
Web site: www.oslri.org
Ocean State Libraries is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law.Print