The doors may be closed at some Rhode Island public libraries, but make no mistake, the lights are on! While we must remain apart, the people at your local library are at your service online. Tell your neighbors, family and friends!
MAY 29 UPDATE: The plan to reopen RI libraries has launched!
Until that time when we can all be together again, stay safe and healthy!
Apply for your new library card online today. Whether you’re a big library fan or just curious, take a peek at all that your local public library offers you. Libraries, in-person and online, are places for community, for learning, for fun and for you. There’s something for everybody!
Feed your love of reading online. Access more than 100,000 digital books and audiobooks in OSL’s eZone. Now is a great time to read that classic novel you missed in high school, discover the next great author, or try something new.
Write your research paper, learn a new language or take an online course to learn a new technology or skill. Dive into this treasure trove of resources made available by our friends at AskRI. Exciting new offerings include digital magazines from Flipster and new online courses in Udemy.
Storytimes, book clubs, technology workshops and more have moved online. Join your neighbors and friends in virtual library programs for all ages.
Library staff are waiting for your calls and emails. If you need help finding that next great book or researching that tricky question, we are here for you. Reach out to your local public library for assistance.
Other Important Information
- The Rhode Island Office of Library and Information Services has recommended that all public library buildings close until further notice.
- Expiration dates for library cards have been extended.
- Due dates for all checked out items have been extended.
- Libraries will forgive any fines attributed to this crisis.
- Some libraries are unable to accept returned items. Please check with your library before returning items.
Please, keep an eye on our COVID-19 page for important updates.